I need to update badly. At least that is what my mom keeps telling me. Very briefly (I'll do more later...not sure if later today or later in the month or later in the year)... we celebrated Davis' 8th b-day yesterday. We had a fun day at Bass Lake and Scott and I took him to Sushi Ya for dinner (his choice). I can't believe he is 8. I keep asking him if it is great to be 8...he is becoming a little annoyed with me now. He gets baptized next Saturday at 5pm. Can't believe it!
Also, Reese has turned 11, Meili 5 and Lili 4 since my real last post. I'm getting old(and Scott turned 39). All are such a joy and give us much happiness.
Our house is coming along nicely, except we have been at a complete standstill for 3 weeks. Hopefully, we will have cabinets soon...that is the hold up.
Also, yesterday we signed papers for our current house!!! YEAH!!! They want to move in on July 1st...perfect timing!!! I feel so much relief! My house is not clean this morning and it does not have to be :) yeah!!! we can start boxing things up and not worry about how the house will look in the process. We hope to be able to start moving things in a few weeks.
Mckenzie has dance tryouts today. She is so worried about them. I'm not sure why...she looked so great at the school spectacular last week. I'm happy she loves to dance. She did a very cool pointe dance and looked very graceful during her ballroom performances as well as a great solo in her choir performance.
Scott was not re-elected to the board. Yeah! Lots more time with us! No, he did a fantastic job and I'm not so sure the lady with a forensic science background will be better but not our worry :). Unfortunately, he had lots of issues the teachers did not like...aka...their pay cuts and insurance and uniforms. I'm fine with it and so is he...not so fine with the rumor of our marriage not being able to handle another term...odd...but, guess the vindictive handful had to make up something to make him look stupid...odd...
Anyway, we are doing well. I'll charge my camera batteries and try to update some pictures.
I'm off to double check our plumbing fixture order and pack a few boxes.
Oh, yah... my parent's just celebrated 40 years together! They have such great, loving children...we all forgot...so sorry!!! We love you!!!! We will plan something cool for 50 years.
Hope all is well. Peace. xoxox
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Thanks for the post. I've been looking every day for months!! I know you've been crazy busy, but good to see an update.--So sad not to have seen Mckenzie do all those things in the program. Fun to see the dance video. Looks like they were having a good time. Your school does such great things. HURRAH! We are so happy the papers are signed on the house. That is truly great news!!! See you for Davis' baptism.
I fortunately got to witness Mckenzie's fabulous singing and dancing. This video does NO justice. It was one of my most enjoyable nights at a recital. Lots of fun. And thanks Mel for posting and for following through with my other request. I don't mean talking about our 40th, heaven forbid! Can't wait to see more pictures. Your school is lame about Scott, but it's their loss. They'll be sorry. Happy for you though.
Truly, it is ridiculous for Scott not to be greatly appreciated for the hundreds of hours he spent working for the school. I'm sure there are many who do, but the others are pathetic. "Shoot the messenger" mentality, I think. And then the rumors--so stupid! Makes me mad at them, but I am so glad that the kids are there and getting such wonderful rounded educations!
I'm so happy that your house sold, must feel great!
I think its so great Mckenzie is involved in different styles of dance.
Scott sure put a lot into being president, you both have done a lot for that school!
That is terrific about your house! Julio said he knew it would happen just at the right time because you such good people! (Not sure that is a criteria for everything working out, but it was nice that he such faith for you!) Mckenzie looks great! Happy Birthday to Davis-wasn't it just yesterday when he was blessed? So fun to see you all a couple of weeks ago. The house is wonderful! (I can't stop thinking about the yummy Thai food! I am obsessed! I must go back!)
I found your blog though Heidi's. Hope you don't mind me snooping every once in a while. I am SO bummed that Scott didn't make the board. Now my husband is the only one that is going to be hated by all the teachers (it is sad when you feel like your kids' teachers hate your husband and maybe even you too because you are related). =) If only they could see what goes on behind the scenes. Oh well!! Hope all goes well with your move and post some pics of the new place in all your spare time. =)
So glad to see a new post. You need to do a better job of keeping up. (I'm just being a hypocit!)
So glad to hear your house sold and you're getting ready to move into your new one. It will be so nice to be settled again.
Scott did a good job on the school board. They'll miss him whether they want to admit it or not.
Good luck with the move. We're getting ready to send Bruce off to college at the end of the summer and its killing me.
Dying to see your finished house or pictures now. Post them. Looks like you're having a fun time in all your endeavors.
Post a Comment