Sunday, January 17, 2010

You know your church meetings start too early when...


you wear one work shoe and one church shoe. Scott made it to the front door of the church when he realized his mistake. He headed home for a quick chuckle and shoe change and back he went. Fortunately, Scott received the obsessively early for every meeting gene and so he was not late even with the shoe problems (in fact, he was still the first one there...obsessive).
The afternoon naps with early morning church are heavenly :) I was laughing last night when I told Scott, "you know it is pathetic when you look forward to the nap before you even go to bed"

8 comments:

lora said...

At first I thought it was one of the boys...Too Funny!!

Nicole said...

ha ha ha ha ha- that is so great! I think Brian's goal is to see how long he can stay in bed and still barely make it to the meeting....by the way, Scott, was he on time today? Melanie, you are an inspiration. When you make it to church with your 5 kids, I know I can't go inactive :)

Kristin said...

I did that teaching early morning seminary; one black, one brown. I didn't have time to go back and change.
I didn't get that obsessively early gene.

Kami Su said...

That gave me a huge laugh, too funny...

criss said...

That is so funny. Be careful Mel, I do that all the time (thinking of the naps):))

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Very very funny. Good sense of humor as well. I did that once but with two black shoes . . just kept quiet about it.

Kimberly said...

I totally missed out on that gene!

Grandma & Grandpa said...

You got it from Grandpa Wallentine, Scott. He always had to be early early! I remember Carol Coleman telling me I had two different shoes on at church one time long ago--different heel colors, but the same toe. So funny.