Saturday, December 5, 2009
Christmas program
Last night, we had our ward Christmas party. Sister Stewart put together the most amazing Christmas play. She asked Reese to play the lead as Nathan, Scott the dad and me the mom, Reese's friend, Landon was Jesse and his friend Ryan was a Shepard and several others to play other parts. Reese and Scott did such a great job, (all of the actors did). They worked really hard at getting the lines down. Scott was not to excited to do this because it is way out of his comfort zone...but, who can say no to Sister Stewart AND to an acting gig with his son? It was a wonderful way to start the holiday season. It was about a boy excited for Santa who in a dream travels to Bethlehem to see the baby Jesus (along with Wise man, Shepards, and Angels). The primary kids sang many songs and there was a pick-up choir that also performed beautifully. Like I said, it was a wonderful way to start the holiday season with thoughts turned towards the Savior,His Birth and Resurrection. I will post picts after I beg them off of a few people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I am so sorry. I can't believe that we forgot to come see your play. Make sure we know about the school program, k?
I don't think I've ever seen Scott in a play...I'm sure you all did great. Sounds like a fantastic Christmas party.
Sure wish we could have seen it. Scott said he was "way out of his comfort zone," but I'll bet they both were great! Wish we had a magic carpet so we could be wherever our kids and grandkids are doing special things!!
p.s. It was fun to see Mckenzie dance in the program Saturday night. She looked so old and so lovely, it almost made me cry. What a sweetheart!
Post a Comment