Friday, May 13, 2011

Father's and Son's

















The boys and Scott went to the South Hills (Cottonwood) with the men and boys from our ward for the annual father's and son's camp out. This is something the boys look forward to each year. They try to go around the time that the priesthood was restored for our days (a great website that explains this much better than I do...
http://mormon.org/restoration/#god-restored-christs-church-through-joseph-smith
) This year they were able to do it on the same weekend.

Why camping and the celebration of the priesthood being restored together...??? They go and have a great time together ...bonding...(this year they 4 wheeled, shot guns, at good food, hiked, and hung out)...but the real reason is for the meeting around the campfire at night when a leader speaks about the priesthood. They enjoy doing this and I'm glad they do.

I invited all the women and girls from our ward to my house for dinner and a movie. We had a great time...not a huge turnout but large enough. I made pizza dough and they brought toppings and the girls each made their own pizza. We did not get to the movie but the girls did paint nails while the moms visited.

No comments: