Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy 40th Scott





Who says accountants are boring? I'm a bit embarrassed to post these photos of posters. A few of the employees at Scott's office had these up in the conference room to tease him about his birthday and turning 40. ...it worked, he was embarrassed.

I can't believe Scott is forty. It really seems like 40 is how old my parents are...they were only 42 and 43 when Scott and I got married...wow.

Anyway, Happy Birthday Scott. We all love and appreciate all of the many wonderful things you do for us!

I've also included a picture with us and our friends the Ridenours. This picture needs some explanation... first, Darla said to look serious...so, I'm looking serious but my serious and their serious are different obviously. :) A month or so ago we had Stake Conference. This a meeting where lots of different wards or congregations meet together for one large meeting. On Saturday night we have an adult's meeting. Well, it was a great meeting and it had a very nice musical number. This picture is depicting the musical number..."If you could hie to Kolob" (here is a link to the song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADX-He30_PA
)

Anyway, this group of 4 or 5 went to the stand to perform. They had the most interesting instruments...but, they sounded beautiful. They would each come in at different times during the song...the very last guy to come in brought out a straw looking almost recorder looking instruments (like Scott is holding)...it was hard to not focus on this odd, tiny, looking instrument....anyway, it was very beautiful. Just something that we get a good chuckle out of and so Darla and Fredrick made instruments to resemble these for Scott's bday (and they gave him some golf balls.).

1 comment:

Grandma & Grandpa said...

Oh, those cute pictures of our Scott bring back such memories. Such a go-getter kid! There are tears in my eyes! Such a good son!